Everquest goes free to play this Friday and in preparation Sony has released a Frequently Asked Question list that covers everything, and I do mean everything. The list is enormous, and many questions overlap one another, so I’ve decided to create a list to consolidate most of the important points.
See the entire FAQ here.
- A welcome pack will be given to all players.
- Veteran rewards will accumulate on all accounts.
- There will be multi-month subscriptions at a reduced rate. Existing subscriptions will become gold.
- You need a reoccurring subscription for the monthly 500 station cash. If you have station pass, the EQ and EQ2 monthly cash does not stack. Yearly subscribers will receive 500 station cash monthly.
- You will receive 500 station cash from each game if you subscribe separately (no station pass), but this is not advisable.
- Silver membership is an upgrade in the store for 500 station cash, it is a separate purchase and should not be confused with “spend 500 station cash.”
- All accounts will be upgraded to House of Thule, gold members will still have to buy Veil of Alaris if they haven’t already.
- Alternate advancement point cap can be raised.
- Legends of Norrath cards will still be handed out each month.
- If you allow your subscription to expire, your gold races/classes will be locked. You will have to resubscribe or purchase to unlock those characters.
- If you purchase Veil of Alaris, you still have access to it if your subscription lapses.
- Free/Silver can buy from the bazaar but cannot use “trade mode.”
- If you drop back to free with gold rank spells, you will keep the spells but they will only have rank 1 effectiveness.
- You will not lose any platinum if you are over the limit and lapse, you will simply not be able to gain more currency.
- Prestige gear (gold only) will not be lost on lapse of subscription, it cannot be used.
- House of Thule augments are prestige, this will change when free to play comes.