Jagex has run a live Q&A today, focusing on the upcoming 2007 Old School servers.
- The servers launch this Friday, the 22nd.
- The first month will be free for all of those who voted.
- The February 22nd launch is an early access phase and is expected to have bugs.
- Free players will only have access if the poll exceeds 500,000.
- At the current 213,000, free players don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell.
- Rares (tradeable discontinued) will not be available.*
- Gambling will not be removed*
- Chat between the two versions (Current and OldScape) will be compatible.
- Holiday events will not be added*
- Characters will be separate, however accounts will not be able to log into both simultaneously.
*Barring 500,000 votes which is highly unlikely.
Currently, there are only 214,000 votes for the 2007 Classic servers. If the poll hits 250,000 by the end of the week, players can expect the following perks:
- $5 a month subscription
- A small team for development.
- Basic maintenance.
- Possible anti-gold farming updates.
If they do not hit 250,000, players will be expected to shell out $15 a month to access the game, with zero possibilities of updates or anti-gold farming systems.